Member Reference Materials and Resources
Members have a variety of ways to access training material on both the MISS DIG 811 process and the tools available to them. The links below provide you with quick reference to a variety of topics, as well as forms for the establishment of new membership or new codes. We encourage members to utilize and complete the trainings available through Skillbuilder, which is the MISS DIG 811 curriculum platform.
As the COVID-19 situation progresses, MISS DIG 811 is adapting to meet the needs of our members. In return, we ask that our members maintain accurate contact information for their codes, allowing us to provide necessary updates and reach out to address issues in a timely manner. Contacts can be updated using the available RMA accounts.
MISS DIG 811 asks the excavating community for assistance in supporting the State of Michigan during the shelter-in-place order from our Governor, reminding excavators that all gas, electric, telephone, and MDOT projects are considered "critical infrastructure" and essential under Executive Order 2020-21.We ask ONLY those doing work essential to the needs of our state and infrastructure to place tickets and to postpone all non-essential digging, such as gardening and DIY projects.
Though we’ve asked contractors to postpone work that is not considered essential, please remember that as a facility owner/operator, locating and posting a response to dig notices is required under Public Act 174 of 2013. The following documents have been put together to assist our members:
MISS DIG 811 and the Damage Prevention industry are better off when stakeholders get involved. We solicit feedback from our members through many forms including mutual participation in committees, including the Michigan Damage Prevention Board, MISS DIG 811s Ticket Initiation Management and Execution, and numerous other committees. Information including committees and how to get involved can be found on the committee pages.
For those interested in helping steer MISS DIG 811, serving on the Board of Directors is the perfect fit for individuals who have demonstrated significant achievements in damage prevention, business, and/or public service. Learn more about the Role of the Board, the MISS DIG 811 culture, and what we are looking for in our Directors.
Membership Set-Up Forms
- Collaborative Design Associate Membership Set-Up
- Contract Locator Associate Membership Set-Up
- Contractor Excavator Associate Membership Set-Up
- Facility Owner Operator Membership Set-Up
- Vendor Associate Membership Set-Up
Remote Member Access Account Features
- Additional Features User Guide
- Contact Updates User Guide
- Deliveries & Queues User Guide
- Long-Term Ticket Search User Guide
- Member Poly Maintenance User Guide
- Newtin Program Install Guide
- Parcel Data User Guide
- Positive Response Monitor Dump Report User Guide
- Positive Response Posting User Guide
- Ticket Search Lite User Guide
- Ticket Transmission User Guide
Guides For Getting The Most Out Of The System
- Annual Invoice Coverage and Getting the Most Out of Membership
- Abandon Facilities Guide
- Contractor Performing the Locate
- Drain Commission Exemption Guide
- Full Ticket Search Add On Guide
- Joint Meet Tickets Guide
- Marine Guide
- No Marks Guide
- Pre Construction Pre Design Meeting Guide
- Private Locator Guide